Sunday, January 27, 2013

Demon in an Eyecup

Kiev 60 Arsat 80mm f2.8 40mm extension tube Rollei Digibase CN 200 Pro Arista C-41 - In my previous post Liquidambar Styraciflua Fruit I notice a sinister face peering back on me from the "Gum ball" at the lower far right while I was scanning the film. Such and evil looking character deserved its on portrait, so I present,,,, A Demon in an Eyecup. This is my first roll of  Rollei Digibase CN 200  and I am truly impressed. The film has great sharpness, nice fine grain and tremendous latitude. Digibase scanned beautifully, with my Epson V500 getting very close to accurate color on the prescan. A test on my HP Scanjet G4050 using Hamrick's Vuescan 9  yielded similar results. Contrast is moderate and held well even when the film was over or under exposed. About the only complaint I have about this film is its excessive curl once dry, making it hard to hold flat for scanning.
Processed by hand using an Arista C-41 Kit and Scanned with an Epson Perfection V500 Photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment